Online Library Card Application
Please fill out the online application here. If you have any questions, please contact your home branch.
Printable Library Card Application
Click for ENGLISH or SPANISH to print out an application for an Ocean County Library card.
How To Get An Ocean County Library Card
To get your card:
- Bring current identification and proof of Ocean County residency to any location.
- The signature of a parent or guardian is required for the issuance of a library card to minor children under the age of 17 years.
- School ID, report card, school schedule, parent’s ID, or letter from school registrar’s office may be used for proof of residency for children 17 years of age.
- Burlington or Monmouth residents need to bring their county library card and proof of address to activate reciprocal borrowing privileges.
- Your Ocean County Library card may be used at all 21 Ocean County Library locations.
The Following People are Eligible for a Free Card:
- Ocean County residents
- Ocean County Business owners
- Ocean County teachers and librarians with proof of employment
- Ocean County students
- Burlington County residents*
- Monmouth County residents*
*Ocean County Library has reciprocal borrowing with Burlington County Library and Monmouth County Library.
Ocean County Library cardholders may also borrow from the Burlington County Library and the Monmouth County Library. Find more information here:
Burlington County Library: 5 Pioneer Boulevard, Westampton, NJ 08060; (609) 267-9660
Monmouth County Library: 125 Symmes Drive, Manalapan, NJ 07726; (732) 431-7220
Out-of-county customers with proof of address may purchase a temporary card for $9.50 a month.
Ocean County Library Card Helpful Information:
Click below to print out a Welcome Brochure in English or Español.
Here is some more useful information about your Ocean County Library account.
Ocean County Library Policies, Fines, & Fees