July 06, 2018
MANCHESTER – The Ocean County Library will host activities for adults in July at its Manchester Branch, 21 Colonial Drive.
- “Book Chat” 2 p.m. Thursday, July 19. The group meets the third Thursday of each month. Participants discuss what they have been reading to the rest of the group and pick up ideas for what to read next. No registration required.
- “Chess Club” 12 p.m. Fridays, July 13, 20, and 27. The club meets every Friday. Play chess in a relaxed atmosphere and share your love for the game. Participants may bring their own game set. No registration required.
- “Chicks with Sticks” 2 p.m. Thursdays, July 12 and 26, and 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays, July 11, 18, and 25. Meetings take place the second and fourth Fridays of each month with additional meetings on Wednesdays. There will be no meeting on July 4. Participants work on individual knitting and crocheting projects while sharing ideas, patterns, and friendship. No registration required.
- “Quilting Bee” 1 p.m. Fridays, July 13 and 27. Meetings take place the first and third Friday of each month. Members work on individual and group projects while exchanging ideas, patterns, techniques, and conversation. No registration required.
- “Writer’s Circle” 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 17. The club meets the first and third Tuesday of each month. There will be no meeting on July 3. Writers critique one another’s work and discuss issues pertinent to authorship and getting published. No registration required.
- “Advanced French Club” 6 p.m. Monday, July 16. This group meets once per month. This is primarily a conversation group to discuss topical events in French, read and discuss French texts, and engage in other French-oriented activities. It is geared toward individuals who are more fluent in the language.
- “Beginning/Intermediate French Club” 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 17. This group meets once per month. Study the basics of the French language: vocabulary, grammar, and basic conversation. The branch’s French-American librarian will coach participants with vocabulary, grammar, and accent.
- “Beginning Modern Dance for Adults” 10 a.m. Thursday, July 12. Experience the joy of dancing in this class which combines modern dance and exercise with fun and rhythmic music. Learn the body mechanics of modern dance, gain strength and flexibility, and increase your range of motion and coordination. Bring a yoga mat or towel and wear comfortable clothing. Participants must sign a release waiver beforehand. This class alternates with a beginner ballet class for adults.
- “Calming Coloring” 2 p.m. Friday, July 20. This program takes place on the third Friday of each month. Spend the afternoon creating, listening to soothing music, and relaxing with like-minded adults at the library. Coloring sheets, pencils, markers, and crayons will be supplied free of charge. This event usually features aroma therapy and a therapy dog.
To register for more information about these events, call 732-657-7600 or visit theoceancountylibrary.org/events.